Sakura me

Tuesday, August 15, 2006
On this day:

First Memory of Japan

I thought I would share one of my first memories of high school in Japan.

My dad and I went to Tokyo before my mom did and we were there for a couple weeks without her. She stayed back in the States to help my sister move in to her dorm room at the University of Delaware. On our trip over to Japan, we flew from Philadelphia to San Francisco and then San Francisco to Narita. Well when we got to our gate at San Fransisco to wait for boarding, I saw this guy at the gate who I thought was really cute. My first thought was "Wow, he looks like JTT" and I couldn't stop staring at him. So then I got on the plane and didn't think I would see him again. But we got to Narita and we were waiting for our suitcases at baggage claim and I noticed him standing on the other side of the carousel from me. I got really excited and just kept staring at him. I started wondering if he would be going to my school since he was clearly a foreigner and appeared to be about my age.

So as soon as school started, I started looking for this guy. I was hoping and hoping I would see him but a few days (or maybe even weeks) went by and I gave up hope of ever seeing him again. Does this ever happen to anyone else? You see someone and feel like you have a connection with them (possibly just because you are attracted to them, but sometimes there are other reasons) and then you never see them again and it just feels so bizarre. Well, anyway, as I was saying, I had given up hope of seeing him when one day I was hanging out in the cafeteria near the Kiosk. All of a sudden I looked up, and who did I see? Mystery JTT-lookalike guy. As it turned out, he was a middle school student and that is why I hadn't seen him around the high school. Of course from that point on he became somewhat of an obsession of mine and many of you already know who it is I refer to. There are a variety of things I could call him, but my favorite has always been Nasu. What a huge part of my high school life he was, although never as big a part as I would have liked!!

That is one of my first and strongest memories from High School in Japan. This one is somewhat equal to my memory of new student orientation but I'll save that one for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home