Sakura me

Thursday, August 17, 2006
On this day:

Links I Clicked on Today

Here are some more links. I've got something else to post but I don't have time tonight so I'll probably post it tomorrow.

Cincinnati Pro-Gay Law 1
Cincinnati Pro-Gay Law 2

So, in the first article, the name of the group that is trying to block anti-discrimination against LGBT people is called "Equal Rights Not Special Rights". However, if you look at the second article, it explains what exactly the city of Cincinnati added to its anti-discrimination law: "sexual orientation or transgendered status". Sexual orientation applies to EVERYONE and the combination of "gender" from the previous law and "transgendered status" which was added now applies to EVERYONE. By adding these items to the list of traits that cannot be used for discrimnation in housing, employment, etc. you are in fact reducing the amount of "special rightS" and actually increasing "equal rights." By adding sexual orientation, straight people are also protected from gay business owners or housing officials who might want to discriminate against them. Don't you think? Why are people so stupid sometimes???

Earth Embassy

This looks pretty interesting. I found the link on Adair's blog I haven't spent a lot of time looking through the site, but anything environmental and anything Japan are ok by me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home